We will all grow old at some point in our lives. It’s part of the process of living, and if you want to live healthy you have to accept that its part of a growing process. While we undoubtedly know that we are going to grow old, we’re filled with so much anxiety.
What if I look less attractive, or never look attractive at all?
Will I find myself alone forever, or die with the right person alongside me?
Can I make a difference in everyone’s life that I have touched?
What is my true purpose?
All these questions arise as we age, and sometimes they can make us forget the purpose of living. While the purpose isn’t as clear cut, one of life’s greatest joys is looking at the comical nature of letting the years teach us a thing or two about what life truly is. So if you’re anxious about reaching thirty-something or the magical sixty-something, here are a few tweets that will make you realize the joys of growing old.
1. Your parents were on to something when they put you on that 8 o’clock time-for-bed business
The older I get, the earlier it gets late.— Chez McCorvey (@CelebrityChez) October 9, 2015
2. When you finally discover this whole time travel thing but still can’t control it
@indiaknight I know - since turning 50 all the clocks and calenders seem to be moving at a new mysterious pace.— carol mccloskey (@carol_mccloskey) February 5, 2015
3. You’ve got enough experience about how to be precautious when you sunbathe
I know I'm getting old because I just saw a group of hot chicks in bikinis and my first thought was "I hope they're wearing sunblock."— Stephanie McMaster (@Smethanie) June 23, 2013
4. You always dreamed of becoming a superhero and now the universe just answered your prayers 50 years too late
Spider veins.— Lloyd Rang (@lloydrang) March 15, 2015
Being middle aged gives you, like, the WORST super powers.
5. You spent your entire life dodging spectacles and now you need the same lenses they put on the Hubble Telescope
I'm not saying I'm old but I just had to increase my font size to "Billboard."— Untastic Mr. Fitz (@UnFitz) September 9, 2015
6. You expected to look as glorious as Gandalf The White, but all you got was the same grey that showed up 5 years ago
7. When you realize that you outlived dinosaurs, and it suddenly dawns on you that the big bang wasn’t even a thing back then
This is LiteraLLy what my dad just texted me: "Back when I was your age, we didn't have a solar system"— olivia|pinned (@bettythec0w) April 13, 2016
8. When your love life is still starting out even though it’s been starting out for the last 30 or so years
What's the cut off age of being able to say "I want to grow old with you" like 50? 65? 31? :-/— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) May 7, 2016
9. You’ve read and reread a book more times than you can imagine, but still don’t know what’s happening
Ever since I turned 50, reading has become horribly similar to filling a bath with the plug out.— Hugh Laurie (@hughlaurie) January 11, 2015
10. Your wisdom is finally finding its vision, but you know you’re going to forget where you placed your glasses anyway
Just bought my first pair of reading glasses. Hello middle age, nice to see you. Clearly.— Dylan Neal (@DylanNealStudio) December 7, 2013
11. And you just can’t really be bothered about the cold weather. Who needs two layers of clothing?